Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Blogs are an ocean


And on this small craft, I now set sail into a vast sea of humanity (Yeah, more like, "avast ye, you manatee!"). Basically, what went down was this: a friend and brother-in-law sent me a blog post that he had written. While perusing that, I followed a link to a blog by another friend of mine who is a contributor to the first blog.

Being the lemming that I am, I decided that I too needed a non-law-school-related way to release some creative energy before it all shrivels up and falls out in my earwax and I am left a merciless hour-billing automaton. I might have some poems, essays or other creative writings, I might have some reviews of books, movies, restaurants or other such things. I might have some nonsensical stream-of-consciousness. I might slowly slip into madness. If so, I might leave a record.

Then again, it is entirely possible that I might grow tired of this and leave only a mysterious fragment---my memory buried up to its neck in the desert of time, swept by winds that whisper my name, a vagabond ghost as forgotten as the مولقيين (Mūlaqiyyīn).

The blog name is an inverted adaptation of the name of a band who took their name from a George C. Scott movie, which movie name was in turn taken from a line spoken by the protagonist of a 17th-Century Spanish novel. I don't know where Cervantes got it from.

Read if you wish. It might be a waste of time.

3 comments:

Cabeza said...

First post! Oh, wait, I'm not one of those mindless internet forum posters...

I just wanted to say that I’m proud to now be officially named as a writing influence for Jared Cook: poet, essayist, English major, BYU writing lab employee, and future Juris Doctor extraordinaire. And now blogger. Welcome, lad!

Good first post. Kind of reminds me of mine, so long ago... I look forward to the madness.

JKC said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'll try to keep the madness coming.

Anonymous said...

Guy
You have got to see this. Obama playing on XBox. Funniest video ever. http://bit.ly/bllhx1